Thursday, July 16, 2009

I need an ark over here!



Yesterday the heavens opened and in about an hour, we got at least six inches of rain. Our backyard is prone to flooding, because we have one corner that is lower than everything else. We built a sandbox there for the dogs, which has cut down on the regular flooding issues, but not when it rains that much that quickly! The ground didn't have time to absorb the water, so it just kept building up.

We took the dogs out, of course, because they love water. Hunter absolutely soaked me, which is what this picture is of. I'm not even sure why I bothered putting on my rainboots. The dogs jumping around splashed the water inside of them, so my feet still got wet.

Luckily this morning it is way down. Now the ground is just squishy instead of flooded. At least the dogs had fun!

1 comment: