Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tossing it out


Sometimes I just don't like what I've made. This, for example. I loved the picture I based it off of, but when it came to filling in the tree bits, I couldn't find a way to make it nice. I tried a couple of different stitches before I settled on the satin stitch. I don't like how jagged it looks on the edges. I'm putting this piece down for a bit. I need a break from it, because it's ticking me off. I might try adding a border later, if I can get around to picking it up again.

In the mean time, my dog, Olive, is driving me insane. She has this pink ball that she absolutely loves. We love it too, because she can't manage to destroy it. She usually chews everything to pieces. Olive loves this too TOO much though. She keeps bringing it to us. I swear, the other day I threw it for a solid two hours. I didn't even realize I'd thrown it at long until I noticed that the movie I was watching was over. She brings this ball to us 24/7 and I swear, one of these days, I'm throwing it away!

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the trunk looks. I hope that you do pick it up again. I think it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so frustrating when a craft project just isn't working (although I love the design of the tree) -- I think walking away for a while is the only way to keep your sanity. B

    ReplyDelete